(James, Becki and Gina Nored pictured with Dr. Jim Baird of Oklahoma Christian University for a Special Honors Program Gina Attended)
We returned home to Virginia last weekend, but had a good trip to Texas. On the family front, our oldest daughter, Gina, got to take two one hour classes at Oklahoma Christian as part of a special honors program, including classes on Tolkien and Christianity, and an Overview of the Bible. The kids also loved being out at their grandparent's place (my parents) out in the country in McKinney. It was certainly a blessing to us to be able to see many long time family and friends there in Texas and Oklahoma.
On the ministry front, here are a few highlights:
- We were able to meet with a number of mission-minded families and individuals, and had a number of wonderful supporters join our ministry team
- I was able to meet with Scott Lambert, the new Let's Start Talking director, about partnering with them, as the Story of Redemption has been a great follow-up study to FriendSpeak / LST
- I was able to meet with Kelly Grant, Executive Director of Great City Missions about using the Story of Redemption Spanish version in their network, and about the local evangelism training that I am doing with churches
- I met with Ryan and Claudia Newhouse (she is a native Spanish speaker, and he is a former missionary) about translating one of the Story of Redemption videos into Spanish as a sample of what is to come; they are going to do this, and we are looking for someone to do the voice over for this video in Spanish
- I met with Gordon Dabbs, preaching minister at Prestoncrest Church of Christ. He is presenting the Story of Redemption and the Next Generation for Christ material to his leadership team
Thank you for your support! If you can, please be praying about all of the above items, as well as for our girls as they transition back to Virginia and get ready for the start of school. Blessings!