Santiago Update for 6/26/09

Last night’s “Christmas in June” party was quite the success! We taught guests a few Christmas carols in English, played bingo, ate finger foods and desserts, and generally enjoyed each other’s fellowship. We had a pretty equal ratio of readers to church members. All in all, about 25 people attended. Shevin and I were even able to sign up a few more readers! Plus, we were able to really get the word out about our Friendscamp retreat next weekend.

I am convinced, more than ever, of the desire for what LST has to offer. One of my new readers, Adriana, is a Colombian girl who is visiting her brother, Andres, during her college break. She wanted to know if any LST teams would be coming to Bogota. Claudia’s father is also wanting LST workers to visit his congregation, which is located elsewhere in Santiago. People are definitely interested in practicing English, and many are drawn to the words and deeds of Our Savior. Our team is prayerful that God will enable a follow-up team to come to Santiago in August.

Many of our readers are beginning to ask thoughtful questions about the local church. Juan Pablo, in particular, has expressed curiosity about our “mass” and church leaders. I gave him a brief description and invited him to “come and see”, so hopefully he’ll be checking out a worship service at Provendencia very soon!

Tomorrow Shevin and I are hoping to venture to the local post office, so postcards should be coming soon – although we may beat them back to the United States.

Well, I think that’s all the major news for now. As always, thank you all for your continued support, prayers, and love.

Views: 31

Replies to This Discussion

Last night one of my readers told me that he likes this church "because everyone is happy. It seems more like a house than a church." :)

RSS

Latest Activity

BISHOP. MISAKI KYOTO TURNER commented on T.J.R.Benhur Babu's photo
Thumbnail

India mission work

"Father in the name of Jesus Christ restore mobility back too her life restore ordor back and finally This will make a Differance in her hold life Give her you father for my sister Kishinev Davis and my sister tanksley Dovie. Amen"
Jul 22, 2023
Thumbnail

India mission work

"Bishop loves you All"
Jul 22, 2023
BISHOP. MISAKI KYOTO TURNER posted a status
"Bishop loves you"
Jul 7, 2023
Thumbnail

India mission work